Thursday 25 April 2013

Back from Florida... but a unwanted guest came back with me

Lesson of the trip... Do not have a lay over in Denver, even if it is April, as they will have a snow storm.

Second lesson, do not try to sleep on the airplane with your mouth open, as you will get sick and take home all those unwanted germs with you (ya that happened as well).

But what an amazing trip we had. It was my Mom, Sister and I who went for 5 days and managed to pack in Universal and the wonderful Disney World Parks. A fun, goofy time was had by all, and by the end of it I think I walked more then I have ran in this whole training cycle. So here are a few pics to showcase what went down:
 Entering Harry Potter at Universal

 If you don't know what this is... I don't even know what to say

 Fantastic late lunch/early dinner at the Animal Kingdom
 
 Magic Kingdom... Ya I know all the 5 year olds
 are jealous of my fashion ;)

Gaston's Tavern in Fantasy Land

Unless 15 hours spent at Magic Kingdom counts towards Marathon training... it didn't happen in this trip. But hey, I got the BMO half next weekend (perhaps need to lower those expectations a bit),  and am going for a run tonight (cold is almost gone) and a run with a co-worker who is doing the full with me in June on Sunday. 

So all is not lost, and this 'holiday' was more of a work out then anything I have done in recent memory I'd say. Only regret, is that I didn't bring my Garmin to track how much walking we did (I have a feeling that number may have been scary).

No comments:

Post a Comment