Wednesday 1 May 2013

Race Week!!



So what does race week look like for me? Typically I would go for a nice, relaxed shake out run, and maybe a little sprint/interval one; however, with this delightful chest cold/nasal issues I have (oh ya, went to the doctor, he said it was probably the same one since October and it just kept going underground and popping up anytime my immune system gets weak... Awesome!) K anyways, this week is more of a walk and try to get better. So not much physical activity.

Food wise, I make an even greater effort to stay away from wheat and dairy (hello lunch organization and fruits and veggies), as well as being more conscious of my protein and whole grain intake... Ya I'm a bit of a nut bar.

But on to the exciting parts of race week:
                      Outfit Layout : difficulty of early May races, it is still quite cool in the morning, but you know its going to get warm once the sun is out… shorts or capris? Tees or Tanks? Bahhhh these are the questions that will haunt me for the next few days.                                  
                      Playlist: To be Determined
                      Expo/Package pick up

and the most exciting of all.... Post race celebration! I know of two people who are running their first half marathons this weekend so it will definitely be cause for celebration.

I have no idea what time I’m going to come out with after this weekend, but I am going to do my best with what I have and attempt to give it my all (whatever that may be). So to anyone who is racing this weekend, best of luck and I hope you have fantastic, predictable weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment