Friday 14 June 2013

7 more sleeps...

Alright,

So I have not fallen off the face of the earth, more like I have been bombarded with work, school and attempting to train and cross train. Pretty much I need to put myself in a time out, which is what I am planning on doing this weekend because.... 7 more sleeps until I'm driving down to one of my favorite places in the whole world! Seattle... more specifically Centurylink field (where my beloved Seahawks play) to pick up a race day package for my 2nd full marathon. Seriously, is this only my second because mentally I feel like I've done this rodeo before... but maybe it is just because I spend so much time preparing for this thing that once it comes, I'm baffled by the fact that it hasn't taken place yet!

Anyways, this weeks training hasn't been superb, but on the flip side I have realized how tired my legs are and am trying to rest them for next week. While I did bike to work this week, I didn't go to swim practice and I think this upcoming week will be the opposite. Swim practice but no biking, in hopes of keeping my quads somewhat fresh in order to handle the hills of Seattle. In going into next weekend and evaluating my training, and trying to be realistic with my goals I'm shooting for 4:15 - 4:30. Mentally, I'm hoping that I will be stronger as I know what to expect in having experienced it before. While I may not know the route, I do know that I love Seattle, the pristine views and am looking forward to participating in a Rock'N'Roll Marathon series.

So here's to hoping for a low key weekend, and a hopefully strong longish run on Saturday that can carry me forward to next weekend. Happy Friday and Happy Fathers day Sunday to those who are fathers or are able to celebrate what awesome fathers they do have. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment