Tuesday 18 December 2012

When All Else Fails... Exercise with Friends

With the busy holiday season upon us, I have the best intentions to exercise on weekends or outside of work, and completely forget the plans I have made. This Saturday, instead of doing a long luxurious run outside I slept in till 8:30 and went for brunch with friends. So much for a great run day.... Later that day it was Sugar Cookie decorating at Grandma's followed by Family Dinner. All of my great planning, tossed out the window.

Thankfully, during this great season I have friends to come along and motivate me. So Monday morning, instead of sleeping in because I had the day off, I awoke at 6:30 to exercise in a friends basement (thank you Beach Body Workout and Andrea for holding me accountable). I often find that my biggest issue when it comes to exercise is getting to the point of doing it. Why am I so exhausted prior to putting on my running or exercise clothes? Yet once I'm doing the exercise, typically I am so happy that I started! I feel great, sweat begins to drip down my face if I'm really pushing it the head band isn't even a match for the sweat as it inevitably runs into my eye balls. Oh the stinging of sweat! Thats when you know your doing good!

So, during this holiday season, I have concluded that my friends and I who are trying to not tip the scale this holiday season are going to do active things together. I mean, we still get to hang out, but rather than drinking an Eggnog Latte will burn some of the calories we would have otherwise consumed. Its a win win for all, hanging out, enjoying the holidays and heck even if it is 'just' walking, that's better than doing nothing. So here's to the holidays, hanging out with friends, family all while doing some fitness. So bring on the Snowboarding, walks and group runs this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment