Wednesday 23 January 2013

Does Painting count as a workout?

So I realize that my reasoning for creating this little blog seems to have failed as I am lacking on posting and thus keeping myself accountable... but I'm hoping that once next week has past I will be able to actually put some time and energy into this... more about that later (I know, annoying right... why even mention it?)

Anywho, so my wicked workout Wednesday, it actual turned into a wicked run... ya 7 miles on the treadmill refusing to get off the darn thing! It felt great! It was good to finally get some mileage into my runs, and mentally it is just such a relief to exceed the 6 miler mark.. For me, once I pass 4 miles, they all begin  to meld together. I think every runner has that point, at some distance or another when it becomes easy... Unfortunately there is an end to that (mine is likely around 14 miles... meaning that for a half i'm totally fine once I pass the 4 mile mark but for the full I somewhat end up dying and wanting to cry once I hit 14 miles and often you can see the half marathoners finish as you are forced to carry on...)

Anyways! So last Wednesday, awesome run! Pretty sure I took Thursday off if I can recall correctly, and then Friday my big project began. For my moms birthday (which is in December) I had given her a card with a paint swatch in it, indicating that I would repaint the downstairs rec room (the last room in the house that needed to be redone!) for her birthday and Christmas present... yes I know many are opposed to combined gifts, but most of my family is born in November and December so funds are tight and ideas become limited.... I mean sure she wanted gift cards for her koboo reader but seriously, how lame would that be?!

So, this weekend my parents were gone so I figured it was the perfect time to redo the basement! I did the taping and filling on Friday evening, and then Saturday I did the first coat of paint in the morning turned the heat on, ate a late lunch and did the second coat. On Sunday I  went to Swim Practice, and then came home before my parents got there and quickly moved the furniture around... does anyone know how heavy a treadmill is? Let me tell you, that was a precarious situation I found myself in but alas, the furniture was moved!

They came home were surprised, I still had to do one wall and a bit due to the set up of the room (the tv and ALL of its accessories needed to be moved before I could get to that wall) so Monday and Tuesday were spent to coat number one and coat number 2 in that area. So now, Wednesday is here once again, and it has been a week since I've run *gulp* oops.....

Well, painting worked muscles in my arms and hands I did not know existed, or perhaps their lack of existence is why I was sore... So, hopefully that plus the permanent squats I was doing means that tonight when I try to tackle a run it will not completely suck...

Oh and by the way, swimming on Sunday was great, had a bit of a break through and in someways it was completely depressing in realizing that having taken so much time off from it the strokes had changed so much.... Oh well, perhaps I will be proof that sometimes, once in a while, you can teach an old dog new tricks... if it isn't too stubborn to give it  a shot...

So whatever you are up to today, just remember, you are halfway through the week, the weekend is in your grasp, so even though you may bribe yourself with the thought of bed right after work go for a walk, a quick run or a home circuit while watching your favorite wednesday night show... whatever gets the blood flowing :)

Happy Wicked Workout Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment