Friday 11 January 2013

Wild Card Weekend and Running while Flailing

Hey, so I definately started writing this post earlier this week, but with how crazy the work week has been here it is a little late being put up:

Sat: first run of 2013 outside... not even 3 miles (it sucked) 
Sun: 1 hour swim practice
Mon: 3 miles on the treadmill

Wild Card Weekend (NFL) was this weekend, meaning that I was enthusiastically glued to the television; especially while the Seahawks were playing. Well the first 13 minutes had me a bit worried, I quickly realized that I needed to eat celery, 4 pieces to be exact, in order to ensure the Hawks success (remember, it's only weird if it doesn't work)... So after swim practice on Sunday morning, I hit the couch hard and watched the end of the Baltimore Indy game and the whole Seahawks vs Redskins game...

So, since being sick over Christmas holidays, I have been attempting to run, and mentally I think that I have the same physical capacity as before... but when the cold reality on Saturday morning while out on my 'run' the real wake-up call came... Apparently being sick, not eating much and not moving really wiped me out...

This New Year is not taking off how I had hoped it would... instead of enjoying a glorious 6 mile run outside I didn't even last 3 miles, I was cold, my lungs felt like they were being ripped out of my body and I slowed down had the cold rain absorbed in my clothes and angrily stomped home feeling like a running poser... *sigh* alas, I am not Wonder Women or some Crazy Runner girl full of amazing running capabilities, I am me. I struggle, some days running is easy, and others it completely sucks... but at the end of the day, as long as I tried, extend a bit of grace and understanding it is all good in my books :)

No comments:

Post a Comment