Friday 4 January 2013

Holiday Goals out the Window!

Well, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! For the past two years I have gotten sick over the Christmas season, this year I was determined to not get sick on Christmas... so the eve of the 26th came and I was sick sleeping on the couch with Vicks and a towel wrapped around my throat... Awesome :(

Anyways, since I had been battling a cold for the past 2 - 3 weeks I decided that if my body truly wanted to be sick I was going to let it in hopes of kicking this terrible bug/sore throat/ cold whatever it was... So bring on the NyQuil, Cold FX, Vitamin C, Throat Losengers etc... I wanted to sleep and knock this thing out of my system. The cold combined with being away (I was in Seattle the weekend before Christmas and the weekend after) resulted in no running taking place for 7 + days! Which is crazy for me, but seriously needed (one night I slept 13 + hours!!!)

So, what did I learn from this Christmas season and holiday experience... all of my tips for fitting in the workouts didn't work. Short days, travel and the hustle and bustle of family and Christmas and needing copious amounts of sleep resulted in no time to run... But at the end of the day, thats okay. What is a week or two without running? My identity is not completely locked in to me running (just slightly) and taking a break does not make me 'not a runner'.

Now, back to work, back to routine and back to running. Tomorrow is going to be the first outdoor run of 2013 and I'm hoping for a good one. So, whatever it is you are up to this weekend, I hope you have a great time and if you see a girl who looks like she is dying running outside, that just may be me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment