Wednesday 30 January 2013

Wicked Workout Wednesdays may be temporarily postponed :(

Well, what a week, and it is only Wednesday. Will there ever come a time when I do not feel that I am working for the weekend? Because right now, that seems to be all I do, and my weekends aren't even that fun... oh well...

So Monday morning fail turned into a very sad evening. My faithful training partner, who calmed the storms of University, allowed me to run when it was rainy and dark outside, was there for me at all hours night or day appears to be on the verge of retirement...

After many years, long mileage runs, and two a days it appears this old girl has served her faithful time and is ready to be let go... I do not know how I feel about this and after Monday's speed session (speedy for me... 9 min mile, 3 x 8:44 min miles) I haven't gone back to try her out. Between the loud noise the belt makes when it is going through, and the fear of busting my knee by having my foot get caught, I think its time for me to bring my running clothes to work and start using the facilities here, or go outside during lunch... ya I don't know how I feel about either of those options as I'm used to busting it out and looking a hot mess in the comforts of my own home with no one watching....

Alas, moving on! DVD Tuesday began yesterday (after being postponed for two weeks) and it was awesome! Thank you Jillian Michaels, I don't think I will be able to sit and not engage my core muscles today.... I  have decided that along with DVD Tuesday, Tuesday will be my weekly weigh in as my friends scale tells me the numbers I actually care about... Body % Fat and BMI.... now those are numbers I can focus on and try to improve, weight on the other hand, well, muscles weighs more then fat blah blah blah you get the point.

So now with a treadmill temporarily out of order, how am I going to fit in Wicked Workout Wednesday... I have a feeling things are going to get creative, and weights, a deck of card, balancing ball, and skipping may be involved (yuck) oh well! A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, and sometimes, you just gotta make it work with what ya got.

Anywho! Happy Wicked Workout Wednesday, we are half way through the work week (if you work a mon-fri job) and January is almost over! All in all plenty to be thankful for and Spring to look forward to :)

2 comments:

  1. It's just so sad! I'm beginning to think you need to move into my house, then you can wake up at 445 with me and run laps around me and Kandace while we do our morning power walk. Yes???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Then I would be forced to become a morning person... or at least pretend to be awake... and I do not know if there is enough uptempo songs in the world to help with that ;) perhaps you could give me a piggy back ride?

      Delete