Tuesday 16 April 2013

Runners Unite

April 15, 2013

It isn't the worst event that has happened, it isn't the most violent thing we have seen.

But it was shocking.
It was heart breaking.
It brought to the fore front of my mind how much I love my loved ones, and how much I love running.

I had watched the elite women finish, I was tracking the bloggers who I follow and were at Boston via twitter, and when the first tweets went out about an explosion I wasn't sure what to believe. I attempted to go to reputable news sources and there was nothing, why? Well lets face it, Canadian Running, Boston Marathon and Runners World, these are the commentators and news reporters who are at events like this. These are the Running Communities reputable sources.

Today, I wore one of my race shirts to work, to show that I am a part of the Running Community.

I went for a run last night, and it was fitting that my iPod died, as it gave me time to think of the events that unfolded, how much I value the spectators who have been at races I have participated in and hope that this will not deter them from being a part of race day magic.

Yesterday I ran for Boston. Yesterday I prayed for Boston. And today, I look forward to the future of Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment